Client: Norfolk County Council
Project value: £14.55m
Services: Energy auditing | Energy analysis | Energy and carbon reduction strategy | Zero and low carbon technologies
We have been instrumental in helping Norfolk County Council work towards its target of a total carbon emissions reduction of 25% by April 2014 and setting a new target of 50% by 2020-21 (2008/09 Baseline).
After a full examination of the potential for carbon and energy reduction across its property portfolio, we have supported the council to secure an internal Carbon Reduction Fund of £14.55m to invest across a range of solutions. These include:
- The installation of solar photovoltaic cells on council buildings, including libraries, fire stations and schools
- Installation of biomass boilers at a museum and three schools
- Using insulation, energy efficient lighting and improved heating and lighting control systems.
Our work has led to Norfolk County Council being ranked as one of the top performing organisations among over 2000 nationally participating in the governments Carbon Reduction Commitment scheme.
- Anticipated CO² savings – 7975 tonnes p.a.
- Anticipated cost savings – £1.8m p.a.
- Average simpel payback – seven years